Friday, July 25, 2008

Advertising 101

So, I have had the last few days off of work and have been watching the controversy unfold surrounding the new Verizon commercial. The fact of the matter is, whether I love the commericial or hate it (hmm, guess which one?) the ad has been extremely effective. More people, after reading about it, will have googled it on youtube. By drawing attention to the commercial we, the consumer have played directly into Verizon's hand. And it sucks. One of those you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't scenarios. And while I'm at it, as much as I know that Pit Bulls do not need anything promoting the negative images surrounding the breed, I am more upset that the company promotes animal abuse. Chained guard dogs, with no shelter and food. I have met dogs that have been rescued from this fate; they are eternally grateful to be a part of a family.

So, I couldn't resist. I too have contributed to the problem. I just had to comment.

Raylee

No comments:

Post a Comment