Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Day in the Life of Me (Nicholas)

My human (Becky) got me up early this morning at 6:30 so we could get ready and go for a walk before she has to go off to work. I would actually have liked to lounge around in bed with my other human (Will). I don't really like getting up early in the morning! However, for some reason Becky thinks I will get into mischief if she leaves me alone for 3 or 4 hours without some exercise first. I really can't understand this as I'm so well behaved and I only sometimes take things off the counter that no one seems to want like crackers, utensils, cups, things like that. If they wanted those things wouldn't they put them away? So we went out for a 45 minute walk in the woods and once we got going I was so happy to be out there chasing these dumb squirrels that always just get away just in the nick of time. My friend Misty told me that one day we will catch one of these squirrels and I believe her wholeheartedly. I love it out in the bush and there are so many great smells and sounds.

After we got back I had my breakfast in the kitchen and Misty had hers in the family room because one day I got a bit snippy with her when she looked at my food in a lustful way. I knew she wanted it, but I got in pretty serious trouble for my behaviour even though really it was Becky's fault for not teaching me my proper place right off. Now I know and I won't do that ever again. Besides Misty and I are becoming really good friends and I like chumming around with her. She's been here longer so she's the boss and I know that now.

Everyone went off to work and school and Misty and I just lazed around in the sunny windows. It sure feels good that sun. I love soaking it up. Nobody left any food or goodies on the counter for me so I didn't have anything to clean up today so I just slept.

Becky got home at 11:30 and had her lunch and then she got Misty and me into the car with my ball and thrower and took us up to the park. Yippee, I love the park! When we got there Andrea the agility trainer was there and I really like her too. She gets me to do fun things although sometimes I'm not really too sure why. Sometimes I get food for doing them and sometimes I get my ball. That's my favourite thing. I'll do almost anything for that ball if only Becky could be clearer about telling me what she wants. Sometimes I get a bit confused, but I'm sure she'll figure it out pretty soon and then so will I. We're going to keep trying until she does. She's not that easy to train (I think maybe she's a bit too old!), but I could learn to do just about anything she wants me to for my ball. It sure is tiring doing all that thinking and controlling myself. I'd like to just jump around and grab the ball, but that isn't acceptable so I'm learning that too. I'm pretty darn smart (so they tell me) and everyone says I'm a very clever boy and pretty handsome too. I've pretty much got it all (modesty though isn't my strong point, but when you've got it you might as well flaunt it, right!)

After agility Becky threw the ball for me 10 or 12 times and I got to just race down the field after it and burn off all my pent up energy because even though agility is mentally tiring I still have energy to burn. Then we put the ball away and went for another walk through the bush and I even went swimming in a pond. Bliss! Got back home and laid out in the sun to dry off. I wish Becky would stay in one place though so I could really crash as I like to know where she is and prefer to be able to see her in case we might go do something fun again.

Well my day's not done yet, but I don't know what the rest will bring. Will might come home and take me for a ball throw or maybe I'll just chill for the evening until Tom decides it is cookie time. He makes Misty do a cookie dance (really all she does is spin circles for a cookie, but everyone thinks she's pretty special when she does this and then she gets cookies!) Can you believe it! I could do that or maybe I'll do something else. I like to get up in the recliner with Tom sometimes and he thinks that is pretty special too, but it is hard to sit for cookies on his lap. I'll think of something else that is just as good as a cookie dance one day soon. I'm getting closer every day.

Anyway, life here is good and I think they love me alot. I know Becky tells me so all the time and she gives me and Misty great massages and hugs and kisses. Kind of sappy, but I let her because she seems to need it.

Hope you are happy and helping lots of dogs.

All my love & wiggles,

Nicholas (Becky calls me Nick most of the time now, but I'll always be Nicholas to you)

No comments:

Post a Comment